Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bhutan here we come!

Life is crazy exciting right now (emphasis on the crazy), as we try to prepare and pack for our year in Bhutan.  I am very happy that we are so close to departure because it seems like an eternity since we've been getting ready for this adventure.  I have read many books on Bhutan, followed fellow teacher blogs, and think I have a pretty good idea about what to expect.  I am ready for a simpler, more compassionate, slower way of life.  I am also planning to increase my GNH (gross national happiness) index and hopefully my years of teaching experience will increase my students happiness also.

I will try to blog as often as possible from Mongar.  My former TAG students from Siuslaw Elem. School are very interested in an communicating with me and possibly with older students at Mongar Lower Secondary School.  I am hoping to set up an exchange through E-Pals, (a school to school blog).  Give me a few weeks to get there after the orientation in Thimpu which ends Feb. 2nd.  As a senior member of the BCF (Bhutan Canada Foundation) class of 2011, I'll bet Charly and I are just as excited about this opportunity as the young folk.

"On the Road Again....."  Cheers,   Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment